Step 1: A picture of me...
I don't take many pictures of myself these days, and this is actually one of the most recent I could find.
in Florida last fall for Dave's national frisbee tournament.
Love her to pieces. :)
Step 2: 11 random things about myself...
1) For some reason lately, I have found that nearly every outfit I wear involves the color gray. In 80% of my outfits, gray is actually a dominating color. Not sure what's going on with that.
2) I bite my nails. Disgusting, yes, I know. Trust me, I've heard.
3) I absolutely cannot watch scary movies. Not even slightly scary movies. In fact, not even suspenseful movies that involve zero blood or killing whatsoever. Can't watch them. I start hearing things in the dark and get crazy nightmares.
4) I love to mow the grass, prune plants, and trim bushes. The neighbors apparently think that I just have a horrible husband who makes me do all the yardwork, but I really do truly enjoy it. It's just so satisfying to see something crazy and out of control become orderly and beautiful. And I love being outside. :)
5) In years past (aka 4 years ago), I had a diagnosed anxiety disorder. Today I'm medication- and counselor-free, but I'm not sure what that means. Not sure if you ever get un-diagnosed from a disorder like that.
6) I am a lover of coffee. I brew a pot every morning (decaf right now!), drink a cup with my morning quiet time, then take the rest to work in a carafe to sip throughout the day.
7) I HATE HATE HATE the phone. I have no idea what it is. Ya know that generalized anxiety disorder I talked about in #5? Yeah, maybe it's not completely gone. Because holy cow do I get anxious about talking on the phone. It doesn't matter if I'm calling someone or someone's calling me, if it's a close friend or family member or a stranger, none of it matters - I always have a minor panic attack inside just prior to the start of conversation. Once the convo is flowing, I'm good to go...but gosh I have a hard time picking up the phone in the first place. I'm definitely more of a texter.
8) I am a recovering tanaholic. (Meaning: I'm addicted to tanning.) This doesn't mean I'm currently tan, or that I'm currently tanning (I'm not), or even that I tan a ton in the summer (I don't, since having a child - no time and I'm scared of skin cancer). But gosh it's always tempting. Because it makes me feel SOOOOOOOOO good. Yes, yes, I've heard all the lectures. Trust me, you don't need to give them to me. I've had three moles removed (all benign), my mom has had basal cell carcinoma (non-malignant skin cancer) removed, and my dear grandfather died from skin cancer. (If anything, I should be giving OTHER people the lectures.) But that doesn't take away the feel-good feeling I get when I'm out in the sun. Fortunately, the addiction has seemed to wane since getting married (no temptation to try to impress guys by having tan skin anymore - especially not my hubby, who's VERY against getting a tan) and since having a child (don't want to take any risks plus I'm too busy to care about it). So no worries, friends. Like I said, I'm recovering. :)
9) I don't like sports. Like really, I don't like them. I don't like watching them, playing them, talking about them, or hearing about them. I find them to be super duper boring. UNLESS, of course, my husband happens to be one of the players. Then I get super involved and will learn the rules and will follow every point of every game. Ah, the crazy things love does to us.
10) I am allergic to latex and avocados. And the allergies are actually related somehow. Look it up on Google. It's true.
11) I have a tendency to not finish books. I guess this primarily pertains to non-fiction books, but it's often tempting even with fiction books. I just kinda get tired of reading about the same thing for a million pages, and I'm ready to move on to something new. There are a LOT of books on my shelves that have been 80% read.
Step 3: Answer the 11 questions from Callie...
1. If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Oh gosh. This is hard. Definitely some type of praise and worship CD. Probably Michael W. Smith Worship. Hearing all those people singing and praising God together in such beautiful harmony always moves my heart in indescribable ways.
2. If you were a teacher, what subject would you teach?
Statistics (my field). I taught a class in grad school, and I really enjoyed it.
3. What is your favorite verse and/or quote?
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7
4. Why did you start blogging?
When I started turning my life over to God, I wanted an outlet for what I was learning and wanted to share with others. Back then it was just called The KSS Blog. I changed it to Just 1 Step maybe a little over a year ago.
5. What is one book you think everyone should read (besides the Bible, because that's a given)?
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
6. Favorite drink to get at Starbucks?
grande nonfat decaf raspberry latte - and if the place isn't busy, I prefer it extra hot :)
7. Would you rather it snow or rain?
How cold is it outside? If it's below 40 degrees, I'd rather it snow. I don't like chilled wet feet. Otherwise, I choose rain.
8. Advice that your mom gave you that you never forgot?
That there is not "the one" for every person to marry - that marriage is a choice, a decision, to love another person whatever comes your way.
9. Most read website or blog (besides mine, of course . . . *wink, wink*)?
Hmmm...probably the blog In a Frame by my friend Erinne. But her blog is private, so I can't send you that way. :)
10. One thing you would tell your 13 year old self?
Boys are going to crush your heart over and over, and it hurts terribly...but NONE of it matters in the end. Hurry up and learn to know Jesus, then your life will be oh-so-much better no matter what all those crazy guys do or say. Jesus will fix your heart, and then He'll send the right man along to love you when you're much older and the time is right. :) (I was a bit boy crazy at age 13, in case you can't tell.)
11. What do you hope people will say about you after you die?
That I loved Jesus, loved my husband, loved my children, loved my family members, and loved all those around me with a love that was clearly not my own. (I might need to work a little harder on that "loved all those around me" part.)
And finally, Step 4: 11 Random Questions for You!
1. If there is a color scheme in your living room, what is it?
2. What sports do you like?
3. How many rings do you wear on your fingers?
4. How many times per week do you eat dessert after dinner?
5. How much sleep do you get each night?
6. If you could change one thing about the town/city where you live, what would it be?
7. If you could look ahead into the future, would you?
8. What size is your bed?
9. Where do you throw your dirty clothes when you take them off(floor, hamper, laundry room, etc.)?
10. Do you open your shades or blinds during the day to let sunlight in?
11. What temperatures do you keep your thermostat at during the summer and winter?
And here are the bloggers I've selected to tag:
Kristin at the art of being silly
Katie at Thrifty Finds and Redesigns
Erinne at In a Frame (blog kept private)
Erica at to the humming meadow
Joyce at Keeping up with the Moys
Debbie at B&D Lowther
Kim at Kimarie says...
Vanessa at Blue Ridge Babies
Kathryn at Kat Chat
I realize you may not all answer (or maybe none of you will!), but wanted to at least make an attempt to continue the tagging. So girls, if you're up for it, do what I did above! A photo of you, 11 random things about yourself, answer my 11 random questions, then ask 11 random questions of some more bloggers. Enjoy and pass it on!
Post a Comment