The nursery is just about done!!
You can check out other pics of it here: Nursery Pics
Dave did a great job decorating with vinyl paper on the wall. It was quite the process...I was very impressed at all the time and effort he put into it!! Here's a quick step-by-step:
1) First he thought of a design.
2) He picked the colors he wanted.
3) He ordered the vinyl from an online store. They did not have any green that we thought would match the room, but luckily my friend Chrissie had some lime green paint that was very close to the color we were looking for. So for the pieces Dave wanted to be lime green, he just painted them.
4) We bought a circle cutter from Michael's (using a 40% off coupon, of course) to cut the circles. (Hint: Practice first!)
5) We used a straight-edge cutter from his work office to cut strips. (Again, practice first!)
6) After cutting all the pieces, he used a laser level to put straight lines on the wall to follow.
7) He let his creative juices flow. I think he made up a lot of the circle designs as he went along. Definitely not something I would be good at. So if creative juices are not something you're abounding in, you might want to put more effort into Step 1.
But doesn't it look great?! Good job honey!
Oh wow, I thought it was all vinyl designs that you just put up. Very cool that your hubby designed it! I'm sure your little guy will love it, you must be getting so excited :)ReplyDelete
I'm so excited you have the sloth in there! That's awesome! :-)ReplyDelete
Oh, it looks wonderful! How cute - it looks like a great room for the baby! :-)ReplyDelete